Friday, December 26, 2008

Entanglement, Information, and the Interpretation of Quantum Mechanics

Time to get down to business.  Every day life has kept me a little busy but no more excuses.  I have found an excellent book, Entanglement Information and the Interpretation of Quantum Mechanics.  I have tried three other books, sort of "Quantum Mechanics for Dummies," and they were all pretty disappointing.  But it seems to me that the book "Entanglement Information and the Interpretation of Quantum Mechanics" will not disappoint.  Granted the book is expensive, nearly $90, but so far it is worth it.

The author of the book, Gregg Jaeger, was a triple major in mathematics, philosophy, and physics at the U of W at Madison!  My eldest recently graduated from Madison and I have great respect for that Institution.  Granted it is no University of Illinois, my alma mater, but Wisconsin had reciprocity with Minnesota, and it is hard to argue with that.

Gregg Jaeger earned a doctorate at Boston University, and currently hold a professorship there, so the guy knows his stuff.  Also, the book is current, having a copyright of 2009.

The book is dense, so I'm going to try to blog my way through it, starting with my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment