Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Sorry to interrupt the high-larious tale but

Dear Readers,

Sorry for the lapse in my tale. I think you will understand in a moment why the story-telling went on hiatus.

Turns out that Mrs. Tripp very much did not like my layoff from IBM. Mrs. Tripp especially did NOT like my boondoggle to Switzerland.

Mrs. Tripp let her feelings be known by, today, having me served with divorce papers. And, I sh*t you not, this very same day I got a formal job offer for a great job at nearly my previous pay.

Yeah. I believe the term "whipsawed" applies here. And only nine more shopping days before Christmas. Wow.

I guess I am fortunate to discover the soon-to-be-ex Mrs. Tripp's true feelings before the money starts coming in again. Some things you just can't take back, and I think Divorce papers are one of those things.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ironic, isn't it...divorce papers coming in the same day as the new job offer. There is s song lyric that goes "every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end." Bittersweet? I hope the new beginning has a much better end.

    ReplyDelete