Saturday, November 21, 2009

Aw man . . .

Check this out!  Freaking son of a Heisenberg uncertainty!!

Yeah, they got the beams working, in both directions, on Friday, just four freaking days after I was there.  My friends say I must have inspired them.  Yeah.  Nice try, trying to make me feel better.

But this is not the very final step.  They did not say what energy they had the beams circulating with, and they for sure did not say they achieved a collision.

On the other hand I know they are working weekends, and they like to be conservative with their estimates, so I wouldn't be surprised if this very weekend they have a 3.5 TeV collision!  Perhaps.  Obviously this is all speculation on my part.  I have no direct knowledge of what is happening, just slightly educated guesses.

No comments:

Post a Comment