Friday, November 27, 2009

Chillin' . . . waitin' . . . nice

Dear Readers, have you ever had the chance, the extra time, the lack of obligations, to sit, at ease, quietly, and simply chill out?  I am doing that right now, and it is great, but the best part is something extra, there is something extra, there is something in the air, something in the music, something in my head, there is a sense of calm anticipation.  I think something is going to happen, something big, something personal, something important, and something deeply and fundamentally good.

Have they started the LHC at CERN and had a meaningful collision?  It is 8:40 PM there, a week after they got the beams working both directions - that could be it.

No, that is not it.  That is not the feeling.  This feeling is not like the rush of scientific discovery.  No, the feeling is more like the feeling before a cool front comes on an oppressively hot muggy day, the feeling is anticipation of release.  But this happens to be a beautiful cool but sunny fall day.  The weather is not oppressive.  I am not uncomfortable.  I am already at ease.  What is going on here?!

I am at a Starbucks.  Is it because the sales staff are not overworked, is it because they are friendly and helpful and nice?  No.

I had some really deep, meaningful talks with my birth family this Thanksgiving, with my parents and my dear sister, and my Mother is recovering, nicely, from an illness, is that it?  No.  That is not it.

No, I know what it is, and I've been teasing you, Dear Readers, playing with you just a bit, because I think I know what is coming.  I know why I have this feeling, and right now things are very nice.  Very very nice indeed.

If I am right about this, and if I am in the right mood, later, I'll let you know what happens.  For now, Dear Readers, I must leave you hanging.  It is about 1:59 Central time, GMT-6, on 11/27/2009, and if my feeling is right, whatever happens will happen soon, after 2:00, possibly right at 2:00.

Here it is!!!!!!

Ain't I the devil?

Heehee.

2 comments:

  1. It's like that old Carly Simon "Anticipation". it's a great feeling, ain't it??

    ReplyDelete
  2. song...I forgot to type the word song...

    ReplyDelete