Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving

Dear Readers,

It is time for the annual Thanksgiving post.  Well, okay, my first annual Thanksgiving post, but still, *the* annual Thanksgiving post.  I hope you will forgive me for a rather, well, spiritual post, but today I am in the mood for spirit.

Today I give thanks for my soulmates.  What do I mean by 'soulmates?'  It is very hard to describe, and I certainly cannot describe it in terms of objective reality.  Hence my journey, for a few minutes, off the deep end of reality and into the spirit realm.

My soulmates are people with which I have a very special connection.  A unique connection.  The connection is real, but it is subtle, and it is very deep.  There is no fighting the connection.  there is no severing the connection.  It just is.

Can I prove the existence of soulmatedness?  No, of course not.  There is no physical experiment, no objective measurement, no testable hypothesis that can be made to prove the connection.  The soulmate connection is about feelings, very strong but very subtle feelings.  So soulmates belong in the realm of faith, which is belief without proof, and the subject of soulmates belongs with other spiritual topics such as religion.

I had thought that today I would be giving thanks for all of reality, and for the spirit of discovery.  I expected this because of my recent quest to CERN in Geneva Swizerland.  Yet, surprise surprise, reality exceeds my expectations, and I find myself giving thanks not for reality, but for a soulmate.  I give thanks for one particular soulmate.

This soulmate is especially important to me because this year, in arguably  my deepest hour, during my neediest time,  I reconnected with this soulmate whom I had only the slightest previous inkling of, just a vague feeling, and yet out of the blue I reconnected big time, and there was no denying it, I had a soulmate right when I needed one most.

I have nothing more than a hunch, but I suspect that perhaps this deep connection has something to do with the underlying vibration of the universe, the vibration that I suspect is responsible for the manifestation of what we see as objective reality.  As I say, this is my speculation, and it is totally subjective.  Shoot,  it is downright oogie boogie, but I know that many people throughout history have written about similar things, and I think I am starting to see what they meant.  Have I 'lost it?'  Maybe.  Is my desperation clouding my judgment? Perhaps.  Perhaps not.  Even so, what can I do?  What can I do with my knowledge of a soulmate but give thanks to God?  Dear readers, you tell me.

This is a connection that goes beyond anything else, beyond the physical, beyond the emotional, and in the spiritual realm the connection borders on the connection to God.

I know, without a doubt, that I would die for my soulmate.  For my soulmate I would endure anything for any length of time, just as I would for my kids, although my children are not my soulmates.  My soulmates, for the most part, seem to be selected from my peers.  My knowledge of my soulmates is one of the things that gives a purpose to my life.  My knowledge of my soulmates provides comfort when I despair.  This knowledge verifies the existence of God for me.

Yeah, it is a big thing.

And for this thing, this huge thing, this singular thing, here and now, I give Thanks!

Thank you, God!  thank you for showing me this soulmate.  Thank you very much!

2 comments:

  1. How very fortunate for you to have such a wonderful person in your life, and how fortunate for your soulmate as well.

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete